Clutch slave cylinder

I'm slowly losing clutch fluid and have got clean oil dripping out of the wading plug hole on the bell housing. It's been suggested that this means the slave cylinder is leaking.

Before it goes completely I'm going to change it with one from Paddocks. The question is do I only need to order the slave cylinder or are there any other bits I should be getting at the saem time? I've looked in my manual and it seems straight forward enough, is it?

TIA

Reply to
Simon Barr

Twas 12 May 2004 07:39:28 GMT when Simon Barr put finger to keyboard producing:

in my opinion, it's a doddle. just be sure your exhaust is cold.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

My exhaust runs down the LHS and the slave cylinder is on the RHS.

Is yours different? Mine has got the R380 gearbox I suppose yours being older is completely different.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Twas 12 May 2004 08:01:38 GMT when Simon Barr put finger to keyboard producing:

LT77 and it runs right under the slave cylinder.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I'm glad they had a design rethink then!

Just about to order the bits from Paddocks, I'm going to go for one of the Bearmach spare wheel carriers too before my hinges wear out completely. The bottom of the door is scraping the metal plate at the bottom of the door opening now and wearing into the door!

Reply to
Simon Barr

Twas 12 May 2004 12:17:04 GMT when Simon Barr put finger to keyboard producing:

My door frame collapsed before that happened. The door is still there and useable but the spare wheel is now on the bonnet.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.