Help identifying loose pipe or clip?

Returning to my 04 Disco TD5 Auto today I noticed what appear to be a loose pipe hanging down around the front axle. A closer look revealed that could perhaps be a breather, it is about 3ft long and begins at the transfer box and leads forward, the end is hooked and is currently just dangling and resting on the propshaft to the front axle.

Can anyone tell me what it is and where its should be!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPS

transfer box breather pipe, the loose end should be attached to the bulkhead in the engine bay.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Thanks Mark, I'll see if I can re-attach it!

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPS

The end of the pipe usually has a 180 degree turn in it and it's clipped to the bulkhead just below this.

Just reminded me all mine need replacing. they were all knackered when I got my current LR and that was in january, I've run-out of those tuits, the round ones.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

After scrabbling about underneath I found the plastic clip to which another breather was also attached which had a vacant space! All sorted now, thanks :)

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPS