P38a Tail gate

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to get into the tailgate on my Rangie, the locks have seized. So i can't open the bottom half and am not able to close the top part.

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Drew Peacock

Drew> Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to get into the tailgate on Drew> my Rangie, the locks have seized. So i can't open the bottom Drew> half and am not able to close the top part.

First time I've heard of that on the P38A.

All of the locking mechanism is inside the bottom of the tailgate, and access is going to be difficult with the tailgate closed. You need to remove a couple of fasteners which are normally accessed by flipping up the plastic plate which normally covers the hinges when you drop the tailgate, and then the panel just lifts out.

Exactly how you do this with the tailgate closed is a mystery. This may be enough information for you to work it out, or someone might some along with some more accurate information.

I'd be interested to know how this works out.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB