Help! My Land Rover Roof Is Leaking!

Ok, no surprise there then. ;o)

But, it got a bit annoying back in 2005 when we last had rain in these parts... through the spring the head lining was sagging and eventually it started dripping out of the courtesy light. Pouring out on right-hand bends. :o( This led to unhappiness of the highly vocal kind from SWMBO, who isn't exactly a land rover convert anyway.

Yesterday I took a bucket of mild bleach solution and scrubbed all the algae and bird shit off the roof, particularly along the junctions in the aluminium panels, which must be what is seeping. Looks as if when they were assembled back in 1994 some sort of soft rubbery black mastic was sandwiched into the joints.

Any recommendations for a sealant to rub back into those joints when they are throughly dry to hopefully slow down the leaks? At the moment I'm just planning to go to B&Q and find an ivory coloured kitchen or bathroom mastic, but is there anything better / easier / more appropriate?

Many thanks,

Defender 90 Tdi

Reply to
McBad