Roof cut off new Land Rover at Solihull

Fire crews were forced to cut the roof off a new Land Rover to free its driver after the vehicle slipped off the upper deck of a car transporter. The unusual rescue was carried out at Land Rover's plant in Damson Lane, Solihull, amid fears that the trapped driver had suffered back injuries.

More at:

Pacman

"Pacman" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

I can imagine the first words he will hear when he gets back to work are "Mr. Xxxx, would you please come to my office?" :-)

Reply to
aghasee

Expect a product announcement shortly for the Range Rover convertible

- special limited edition 1 only available.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Was it driver error or a handbrake failure before even leaving the factory?!

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Or watch forthcoming LR brochures for overhead/cutaway shots showing interior features.

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Possibly it was a rover-built car transporter, and the top deck had rusted away? :)

Reply to
SimonJ

Apparently it was the top of the range model with the TLS upgrade (twin leaking seal) on the handbrake mech.

I can only ever dream of owning one with two leaks on the same seal.

If fact, one day I may even be able to get a seal which would be nice....but I'm easily pleased.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Must be difficult keeping track of what your driving in this mans position.....nobody told him it was a 130, no doubt the rest loaded on were

90's.

:-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

One of the Silver Arrow drivers at Portbury drove a brand new Mercedes

320SLC off the front of his transporter one night. He complained of back ache afterwards ... nothing compared to the moans from the body shop that had to touch up the panels before they could load it again :-)
Reply to
SteveG

What a wimpy driver, obviously doesn't do much off road stuff, at least not intentionally. What a waste of a landi.

Reply to
Stuart Gray