Help please - TD300 Disco cutting out/not firing up

I have a 96 TD300 Disco, with increasing frequency it turns over but doesn't start or cuts out as I'm driving. If it cuts out when I'm driving I can recover it byturning the ignition off & on again. If it decides not to start from being switched off it can take many ignition off & ons - but it always goes - eventually. Any ideas please???

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Fuel pump relay?

Reply to
Nige

I'm guessing and I'm no expert but it sounds suspiciously like fuel cut-off solenoid or maybe the wiring thereto?

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sun, 6 Apr 2008 04:08:42 -0700 (PDT), Tony enlightened us thusly:

If it's got an immobiliser, then that's a favourite bet. If not, then it'll be one or other of bad connection in the ignition switch, the wire to the cut-off solenoid on the pump, or the solenoid itself.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

you need to have a read through this item to discount the usual suspects.

Derek

Reply to
Derek