how do you test a wiper motor?

Is there a simple way of testing whether a rear wiper motor works by just connecting it direct to a 12v battery?

The motor has a 3pin and a 2pin connector attached to it. It has 2 wires into the 3pin connector - one from the relay, one from the switch, Another wire loops from this 3pin connector to the 2pin connector Another wire goes from this 2pin connector to earth

mystified ray disco1998 300tdi

Reply to
ray newport

"ray newport" wrote in news:da92v5$8d8$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

Not sure I follow what you are saying but if I do (this Aussie Chardonnay is great!) it sounds as if you may have a dual speed wiper motor that is wired to be single speed.

If it were mine, I would dismantle it and clean it before testing. Rear wipers don't generally wear out because they don't get enough work. But they do seize up through lack of work....

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue