Wiper motor problems - urgent

1990 110 CSW diesel

Folks - urgent help required. I am on a caravan site just outside Chesterfield with few tools and no manual!

The wipers stopped parking on the journey up, now they won't work at all. The park swich it totally screwed so I've got acces to the motor and there are three wires: red, yellow and blue. All I want is to drive the motor off the switch, so what wires do I have to connect where?

Answers ASAP please! I want to drive home tomorrow and it is bound to rain!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter
1990 110 CSW diesel

Folks - urgent help required. I am on a caravan site just outside Chesterfield with few tools and no manual!

The wipers stopped parking on the journey up, now they won't work at all. The park swich it totally screwed so I've got acces to the motor and there are three wires: red, yellow and blue. All I want is to drive the motor off the switch, so what wires do I have to connect where?

Answers ASAP please! I want to drive home tomorrow and it is bound to rain!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Hi Ya,

Got the digram for that year in my HBOL. Sadly it's not clear which you need to connect 12V to.

However, I suggest that applying 12V to any of them should at least give a single speed operation.

I do have another diagram which I will look at now and get back to you.

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB

Right - got an older diagram which is a bit clearer. Power to either the blue or red wires should give you drive power to the motor.

Hope it works ok!!

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB

Can you obtain a length of wire and use a test bulb (take one out of an indicator lamp if necessary) to ascertain if you have got a permanent live feed to the motor on one of the wires, if not check the fuses. The wiper motor should have a permanent live feed (with the ignition turned on) to allow it to park after you turn the switch off. If you then briefly earth one of the other wires you may find the wipers will move, if so try connecting this wire to earth continuously when you need the wipers. Some wiper switches work this way by earthing one of the wires.

HTH Martin

Reply to
Oily

Spot on. Sorted so that at least I can get home tomorrow and do a proper job. If you are ever in the Trowbridge area I owe you a pint!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Had a similar problem on my 90 - the wipers just stopped going.

It was initially solved by using a cable tie to hold the wires tightly into the motor - they were shaking loose - but I later had the wiper motor switched for a new one. It had got pretty gummed up inside.

Reply to
Torak

Pop in on the way home - we're only about 20 miles from you.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Really pleased that I was able to help out. I've had a lot of help from the AFL Group so it's good to be able to give something back!

Look forward to the pint.....

RichardB

Reply to
RichardB