I say, chaps

If I could have a moment of your time...

the latest meme, found via livejournal in my case.

every click in any one day from a unique source makes it grow bigger. Later you get to have links that do other stuff like build industry.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I tried to builkd one when Cane did one the other day, it won't let me choose a Country?

Reply to
Nige

I've been plenty of spaace for offroad better get quarrying! Seems a novel way of building a city another option is

love that classic rock and roll. Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:56:56 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I think there was something slightly non-intuitive about it. Ah yes, you have to click on the world map, then it zooms in, til you can see the country you want.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers Austin, here's NiGebayville

Nige

I have a problem with the concept...More people..more industry..more roads..more business.. are all improvements?...from Stuart in Wyoming,500,000 people in an area the size of the UK!

Reply to
Stuart

Stuart uttered summat worrerz funny about:

H'mm

I once called a US State Police dept from work to get them to pass on a death message.

I couldn't get my head around why they didn't know if a town was on there patch or not without research. I later found that the State was also nearly as big as the UK too!

Kind of puts it into perspective.

On another occasion I and a colleage were debating why GWB didn't just bog off and hold his G8 summit on a small Island somewhere.... then we figured he'd already thought of that and thats why we were working 16 hour days for

5 days up in Scotland.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The PTB in their wisdom decided that the regional Fire and Police control rooms here could be merged into 3 sites nationwide and that "overflow" calls could be passed between the centres. Nice idea in theory but with an area similar to that of the UK there are perpetual problems in identifying exactly where the caller is and where the response should be sent from.

Reply to
EMB

I think it is very unlikely that GWB knew that being in the British Isles involved an island.

Reply to
Stuart

I doubt he thought it was outside the US.

Reply to
JacobH