I so did it again.....

New addition to the fleet

Oscar, 1998 v8i Disco ES on LPG

Bye bye Granada...

Mrs D gets the new toy and I get the cast off (Rangie) ...it's a hard life!

I've suggested a couple of signs for the house we should think of purchasing now... "Service" and "Reception"

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I have tentatively suggested to Mrs K that we do the same with her Granada - I think even the ex-military types would blush were I to append her instructions

Si

Reply to
simonk

What is it about women? You buy a new car and immediatly they have appropriated it, and you're relegated to the old one.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Very posh! You're a 100% rover household now!

:) We got a parcel addressed to 'The landrover workshop, 76b....'. Nobody was in so it got delivered to the house across the road. I'm not sure how impressed they were!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Charlotte is now making tentative "how easy is it to ride a trike?" noises... :-(

Reply to
Mother

You wanna trike? How about one of these:

David

Reply to
David French

Don't start me on trikes again... I've been browsing ebay, but they're either rediculous price or complete dogs (ie bastardised VW's etc etc)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

There's a couple of really nice custom Reliants (no joke) been floating around on eBay recently. These not only look good but, unlike a Harley, are cheap to maintain and run.

Reply to
Mother

I've got a mate (really) who builds five-cylinder Kawasakis by welding two three-cylinder ones together (again, really) and crazier things - some of his recent work is here:

He also has a Landrover. It currently has a 4-litre Toyota diesel - if I can get organised enough to take some snaps, I'll stick 'em on my webspace.

Reply to
QrizB

Mm. Don't like the look of them, I really want something that was a bike before it was a trike, not a car in it's previous life.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:52:52 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

could be arranged... how much do you want to pay?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

As little as possible!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sat, 03 Jul 2004 10:33:25 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

that's what gets you a chopped around VW, mind.

if you want to do it properly, you have to source or make a decent rear suspension setup, ditto drive shafts etc.

diff and driveshafts from a sierra are quite handy, but the susapension setup isn't really right. few car rear ends are much use, live axle is a possibility of course, but again, you have problems with suspension. Racing-car style suspension with horixontal dampers in the middle works best, I reckon, aesthetically at least, but tends to mean custom-building.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was chatting to a couple of HOG (Harly Owner Group) members in Brighton yesterday about trikes et al... One of them also has a Reliant trike which he built himself. Reckons it to be a better ride than the renegade (although I suspect there was an element of sour grapes in there). Thing is, when it comes to Trikers, any self build is thought better. Take the Harley factory trikes as an example, which are not seen as 'true' trikes - often even by HOGs.

At some point I'm going to progress the Landie Trike idea - however I suspect this will be some 10 odd years off yet, looking at my other unfinished projects ;-)

Reply to
Mother

It's been done. Was it scrapheap wars or something, they took a rangie and turnd it into a trike. Can't remember the program, but is also had a bunch of farmer boys who fitted a thumping rolls deisel into a Bedford 4x4 chassis.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

custom-building.