Cannock chase - 7th Feb

anyone else want to come along to Cannock on the 7th of Feb?

I know somone here who really wants to can't, cos they've been stitched at work.

for more details

Si

(and before anyone moans - I dont set the price, the forestry commission do!)

Reply to
simonk

Is this just a "Turn up, pay yer wad and drive" or is there something more I missed on those pages?

P.

Who has just frozen his arse off in the snow and now has a car which doesn't cook itself, can breathe and has decent M&S tyres at last and wants to play!

Pity I can't get the cabin heater working.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Nope, defo not a pay and play

Lee & Chris - care to explain?

Si

Reply to
simonk

It's tuition for the newcomers on Hill climbs, hill starts and recovery from failed climbs... Then it's convoy driving around what has to be one of the most scenic areas in the UK... Cannock Chase.

You will find all brands of off road 4x4 turn up...In the main most are new to offroading and damage to the vehicles is kept to a minimum.. I would say non existant..... our first trip resulted in a Bumper end cap being pulled off by ferns.. but then when I saw the metal holding it on I'm not surprised. Obviously like any off roading there is a chance you can meet a rock or tree at the most inopportune moments.....

Oh theres also a chance that if you do a night run and are in Convoy you can fall in a massive trench if you happen to be in one of the vehicles without an instructors radio....doh!

It costs quite a bit... bit your getting near enough a full day of entertainment... food is usually providied at the launch pad... then you supply your own picnic for lunch and dine deep deep in the forest. The price is reflected by the public liability insurance, costs of the trainners and Contributions to the National trust who maintain the location... If I was'nt at work on this day I would be there (for the third time).

Mrs D was reluctant to attend our first trip as in the main we use her Rangie... She suggested the second trip.. the kids absolutely love it (aged

2 and 4) and I don't stop grinnning for at least a week.

It's fair better than pay and play in my opinion as the vehicles all run in convoy and this it'sself reduces the chances of some loon running into your truck post failed hill climb or otherwise.

My own piccys are here....

I'm nowt to do with the running...justa happy customer.

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Aww, Bugger. I don't think I'm going to be able to pull the same trick I did last year so you'll have to count me out. However, I am seriously considering ditching the Audi and buying a newer P38a - one with 4-wheel Traction Control and since that will be MY car then I can go play in the woods with it if I like. But not by Feb 7, unfortunately.

SimonU P.S. Have you or anyone else got any piccies from last May/June (or whenever it was) with our Rangie in them? All I've got is a shot of it in the car park at the end covered in mud and no one believes I took it off-road.

Reply to
SimonU