Rover 100 immobiliser problem

I have a rover 100 and the immobilizer doesn't go off, the key fob gives a good signal but the red light stays on, the central locking works with the key but not the remote, where do I start looking or is this a job for the experts, any advise would be welcome.

Regards Ken

Reply to
Ken

Ken,

How are you sure that the key fob signal is good? On my Rover 200, you can enter the key code by using the door key on the door (locking, unlocking the door) and the immobiliser stops till the time you use key fob again. Refer to your manual for the key sequence.

HTH.

Regards, Prasanta.

Reply to
Prasanta

The AA checked the key fob signal, I had to call them out as the car was stranded some miles from home, The manual says to unlock the door and press the locking button on the key fob 4 or more times quickly to synchronize the immobilizer, anyway I've just got it too work by taking the board out of the key fob and cleaning it, it still seems a bit temperamental so I think it may be time to buy a new key fob. Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated.

Regards Ken.

Reply to
Ken