Insurence questions..again!

My insurance is up at the end of Feb. They want £226 TPFT on a D reg RRC V8 (real cost is £156, the rest is that legal cover rubbish they add on!). Is this good or bad?. Which companies does everyone else use?. Will have a ring round a few in the back of LRO tomorrow.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

But you have to live somewhere rural. Wouldn't even quote for me living (just) inside the M25.

My 1986RR is on a limited mileage (6000) fully comp. policy with Firebond for approximately £300.

David

Reply to
rads

Had heard that, I live in the M25 but they still insure me; been with them from new 7 yrs.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Not true, just checked with local office and they will insure right into London, problem arises if you deal with an agent in a rural area or head office. Local has dispensation to deal in M 25 otherwise his business would be kaput.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Presume you mean "not necessarily true" rather than specificially accusing me of lying?

My closest agent (Waltham Cross) refused to quote, at which point I gave up.

David

Reply to
rads

If I were to accuse you of lying I would be up front and say so. I was merely trying to help by stating that my agent explained the misconception and i repeated it. take it as you will. Next time I'll keep my time and efforts to those who appreciate it. If you read your statement " you have to live somewhere rural" still not true, a true interpretation of my lines would show that by implication I did not refer to your agent/ office or his actions. Have a good day !

Reply to
Hirsty's

Apology accepted.

Perhaps we can agree to summarise by saying that SOME NFU agents may be unwilling or unable to offer insurance if you live in a "non-rural" area though the definition of "non-rural" is unclear and this "rule" may be applied differently by different agents.

David

Reply to
rads

Another misconception, no apology offered simply an explanation as to the post so that it could be seen for what it was. Never mind luckily I don't hold grudges ( very often ). I think I'll concentrate elsewhere, hope you get the quote you deserve :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

NFU have to be the most inconsistent insurance company going. You get a different story depending on who you speak to, it even varies between different NFU offices never mind their agents.

The Thirsk office happily insure radically modified vehicles with roll cages, winches etc.... some of them even on Q plates.

The Leeds office were happy to insure a space framed, coil sprung V8 Lightweight (comp safari/hill rally motor) for years. When the insurance was changed over to a standard 2.5 diesel 110, no problem. Add a bolt on roll cage to the 110 and 6 months after notifying them they withdrew the insurance because "NFU don't insure vehicles with roll cages".

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White