intercooling an isuzu 2.8

HI. I have recently fitted an Isuzu 2.8L turbo engine to my 1968 Land Rover. Kicks arse!!! Really want to fit an intercooler to it to increase power and torque. I'm thinking of using a Land Rover 300TDI intercooler as there are a few lying around work. What adjustment do I have to make to the fuel injection and how do I do it. Any help appreciated

Reply to
fred_durrant

Assuming it's the rotary pump version, wind the max fuel screw in 1 sixth of a turn (ie: one flat on the head) and check for excessive smoke. If it's still ok, move it another flat.... and so on until you see excessive smoke under acceleration. At this stage back it off one flat and Robert is your mother's brother.

Reply to
EMB

On or around 13 Jun 2006 02:33:40 -0700, fred snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com enlightened us thusly:

coo. if you've got any spare intercoolers, one'd go nicely on my transit...

Reply to
Austin Shackles