Is that with cream Sir?

Hi It's been a while since I last posted but the '92 200 Tdi Disco has been reasonably reliable and is now up to just under 200k miles.

I've been offered another but the only fault I can find ( it's a '96 300 Tdi with low mileage ) is some creamy deposit in the coolant header tank. The vehicle is otherwise perfect, full SH, drives beautifully etc.

On inspection, my Disco also has some cream in the header tank and so I have to ask is this normal or a sign of something serious?

Thanks

TonyB

Reply to
TB

Hmmm. When you say "cream", does the word "mayonnaise" also spring to mind?

It could be emulsified oil, which could indicate oil is getting into the cooling system, perhaps via a head gasket failure.

Or, it could be a small amount of crud that's entered the cooling system at some point and has just settled out.

I never came across this in my 200Tdi; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's not the head gasket!

David

Reply to
David French