Disco 200Tdi into Defender?

Will a Disco 200Tdi engine fit into a Defender without a huge and totally uneconomic amount of modification? They do seem cheaper than the "proper" ones.

Just need to settle an argument and I'm too lazy to Google!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Turbo & associated pipework lives high in defender version, low on a disco and I believe that it has to be so because of clearances etc. think everything else fits tho'

Chris 1990 200tdi Disco

Reply to
Merlin©

In message , Derry Argue writes

And I'm too lazy to tell you

Reply to
hugh

hugh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@raefell.demon.co.uk:

Oh you naughty person! I'm old and fat, what's your excuse?

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

In message , Derry Argue writes