It arrived - now how do I get into it??

Or someone to nip up behind you and MIG the fastenings up :-)

Reply to
EMB

Now you know how the rest of us feel ;-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

From figures I've seen quoted, that's on the heavy end of the historical range. But I was assured that good armour felt lighter, because of how it was distributed over the body.

Reply to
David G. Bell

David,

It does seem that heavy at all.....odd eh?

Reply to
The Neffalump

On or around Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:46:12 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

I guess it depended on the steel. high-carbon steel could probably be made thinner and get the same results.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Wouldn't that make it much harder to run away?

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:26:44 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, he could thump you all he liked and just hurt his fist...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I hope you've been watching that series on Saturday nights about weapons. There's only one left to go, but it's on armour.

It's changed my view of the history -- I didn't know that medieval depictions of Blanchtaque showed English archers shooting while riding horces. And last week, about shields, and the way he kept fending off attackers while talking to the camera...

Reply to
David G. Bell

I may be mishtaken, and would need to go double check the pics Neil put up...

... but ...

I believe there is one area of 'sensitivity' that is not duly protected...

Reply to
Mother

You were watching Bloody Britain the other day too when Rory McGrath was going on about "Bollock knives" then?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Eek! There are times when my habit of deliberately 'not watching telly' has advantages methinks!

Reply to
Mother

Martyn,

Correct - but I'm sure I could get you a cod-peice ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

in article snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk, "David G. Bell" at snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk wrote on 4/8/04 8:26 am:

A bit like a Haynes manual then.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

in article cerfmc$kqu$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, Richard Brookman at snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote on 4/8/04 9:07 pm:

Speak for yourself.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Well, they were quite pretty I thou...

Oh, the stories. I was writing some pieces on longbows for them. A different sort of penetration problem.

Reply to
David G. Bell