Just a thought... Snorkel

When fitting a snorkel how do you get the breather pipes up to the top of the intake? Outside or inside the snorkel?

Whichever way you go you must have to eiether cut into the air pipe (how do you seal back up again?), or cut a hole in the wing and cable tie to the outside of the snorkel?

Or do they come with a hole already for you to route breather pipes???

...just a thought!

Jon

Reply to
Jon

If you mean the gearbox and axle breathers then they go on the outside of the snorkel.

Reply to
bellautos

on the outside tied with cable ties/zip ties Richard

Reply to
Richard

OK, so it seems they all cable tie to the outside of the snorkel...

But how do you neatly get the pipes from inside the engine bay to the outside of the vehicle so that you can tie to the outside of the snorkel??

J>on the outside tied with cable ties/zip ties

Reply to
Jon

I suppose it depends what car and what snorkel. The snorkel on our 90 comes out of the top of the wing through the drivers side vent type thing and we have a cable that follows up through for the roof lights - same positioning as breathers

Reply to
Richard

Seems like its a typical landrover thing...Adapt what youve got to make it fit!

Thanks all. J>I suppose it depends what car and what snorkel.

Reply to
Jon