Let the air be in your tyres

Hi !

In some countries, Denmark amongst others, there are extreme environmentalists, that let the air out of the tyres of 4x4 cars. Here is a smart way to defend your car, when you are not around.

This is for Land Rover:

This is for others:
Spread the word amongst other 4x4 owners (not just LRO). Hope this proved helpful :-))

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

Can I advise against fitting ally valve caps of any flavour chromed or not I fitted Kato with a set , the type that come with a spanner the only way to remove the buggers was with a dremel . Corrosion had set in between the brass of the valve stem and the ally removing the first one with the spanner pulled the stem out of the rubber jacket despite nipping the stem with needle nose moles in an effort to prevent it turning. The problem I found was that scallies are attracted by the shiny caps like bloody magpies so they have to be on pretty tight or they just go. I carry a portable compressor under the bonnet in any case fits in the n/s battery tray. A microwave alarm sensor goes a long way to preventing unwanted attention. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

"Get back yer bastard or I'll break yer legs"

I must get one of them.... which reminds me - Our local council have just installed those CCTV cameras that allow the operators to talk to people.

How much fun could you have with one of those :-)

"Step away from the Kebab!"

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In a dim and distant universe , René Løweneck muttered:

If any of them showed up round here, I think a swift baseball bat on the back of the head would be a far better, and more gratifying, deterrent. :-)

Reply to
Paul Vigay

I can hear "cat scarers" perfectly despite being in my mid 30s, horrible noise. Putting my hands over my ears doesn't make any appreciable difference either. Things like the "mosquito" would repel me too and other similar aural freaks, which might be a good thing... It's far from teenager-exclusive though.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

In a dim and distant universe , Ian Rawlings muttered:

I agree. I checked them out when I first read about them. I can hear them too. I wonder how long it will be before some inventive person comes up with a device which will cancel out the signal....

Reply to
Paul Vigay

Already done, here it is.

Ian Rawlings