Wing top protector plate

Hi,

I just picked up a pair of unused wing top checker plates at a local car boot sale for a few quid. What's the best practice for fixing them to my 90? Do you put anything between the plates and the wing tops or just rivet them straight on using the holes provided and hope they don't rattle?

Also when I laid them on the wing tops as a trial fitting and lowered the bonnet, the rear corners of the bonnet press down onto the checker plate. Is this normal?

TIA

Neil

Neil

Genuine Parts ones have an uderlay available, at least for the Tomb Raider, SV and Defender Black ones. Ususaly riviting them (use aluminium rivets) is perfectly adequate - just press down when fitting to avoid any slack (and remember to look where the drill is going on the underside of the wing).

It is, at least on after market ones,

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

When looking for something rubbery to put between some large stainless brackets and the top of a boat, I found stuff in Aldi that was self adhesive rubber roll designed for sticking to the garage wall to protect car doors. So far it's worked brilliantly.

What is annoying is the way things come and go in the likes of Aldi, and can't even be ordered.

Reply to
Bill

They pick those things up on the spot market - a container arrives from China, and for some reason all/part of the contents are unsold. Companies make offers and either get the stuff or not. They will only be able to get more the next time there is spare stock on offer. Aldi, Morrisons and others are doing this quite a lot, and while it may be all well and good for end users, it's destroying the wholesalers, meaning the supply chain and continuity of supply is slowly breaking down.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:38:57 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

arriba! arriba! underlay!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Jeez! A Mexican pun in a Landie group?

Reply to
David Millen

Well we had a thread about tacos a little while back so why not...

It peppers the group with a little spice!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Almost makes one wish this group was moderated... but not quite.

Reply to
David Millen

Thanks for that Richard.

Neil

Neil

Eh.. I was quite happy but that line made my Gringo.

... coat?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D