Kinetic recovery rope

OK, now we've got our nice shiny new kinetic rope all muddy what is the best way to clean it?

Lizzy

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Chuck it in the washing machine.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

A touch of fabric conditioner will make it smell nice, too.

Reply to
Rich B

Thanks Mike - a couple more questions:

Just loose or in a bag? Any preference on wash cycle or detergent type?

Lizzy

Reply to
steve

I don't get that close to it ;-)

Lizzy

Reply to
steve

I'd go for loose unless it has some shackles that you can't remove in which case I'd not put in the washing machine. Cold cycle, no detergents or fabric conditioners, it's only mud/grit after all and you don't know what effects such chemicals might have on the fibres...

I'm actually a little cagey about washing it at all apart from a sloosh down with a hosepipe on concrete or other non-bitty surface. I'm thinking an aggitated wash may well end up pushing bits of sharp grit etc deep into the rope and physically cut it when under stress (aka use).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Loose, low heat, I just use whatever detergent is around and always do it whilst SWMBO is out :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

In this case its my SWMBO who is asking... What a woman. And its her birthday.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Birthday wishes from tuther hemisphere Lizzy.

Reply to
EMB

I'm inclined to agree with you. And keep it out of sunlight also as ISTR UV doesn't do it any good. It's a while since I bought mine and the destructions have long disappeared.

Reply to
hugh

Happy Birthday Lizzy!

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Yep Happy B-Day dude!

Don't stick it in the tumble dryer or you will have a kinetic shoe lace! :-)

Family D.

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks all - I intend to have a good time .

Do you speak from experience ?

Lizzy

Reply to
steve

Not ropes but I have a fine wardrobe of mini-me outfits should I ever shrink. Also do a good line in Pink stuff... that wasn't pink before IYSWIM.

What can I say!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'm unsure, but I'll never view the local constabulary the same way again ;-)

Reply to
EMB

Happy Birthday, Lizzy

Reply to