Series Land Rover - Insurance Quotes (again)

It ultimately cost me a little over £100 to insure my series 3 agreed value £2000 with no restrictions via Footman James so I guess each case is individual.

Reply to
Larry

Sorry guys - it's the usual question:

Series 2a is up for insurance renewal - it's a mobile shed so value is in the £750 to £1000 area. I'm currently with Firebond but has anybody got a decent quote from anywhere else recently ??

Graeme

p.s. Footman James just quoted me £574 for a 3,000 mile policy TPFT - ahahahahahahaha

Reply to
Graeme

Fully comp cover on classic car insurance from Carole Nash, was £290 for my S3

regards, Tim

Reply to
Tim

NFU very good, will not touch under 25's ( and so I am told, no more business form inner M25, although I am not sure if this is correct )

Reply to
Hirsty's

p.s. Footman James just quoted me £574 for a 3,000 mile policy TPFT - ahahahahahahaha

Move to New Zealand - I've just paid $220 (about 70 quid) for unlimited mileage TPFT for my SIIa, and can get agreed value full cover for just over twice that.

Reply to
EMB

How did you manage to get them to agree to a value like that for a SIIa? Let me know the secret and I'll have a go at upping my agreed value (currently at about half that).

Reply to
EMB

Paid £325 with Sureterm for my 2a, agreed value £4500, 10000 mile annual limit

Terry

Reply to
terry

Well they havent yet, still waiting on the paperwork through, but it was rebuilt chassis up fairly recently, and is in very nice condition. Sureterm said around 6 weeks, so I'm expecting the full policy through any day. I would think if there was any problem I would have heard by now (he says hopefully...)

Terry

Reply to
terry

I have just re newed my insurance with The AA (yes they were the cheapest) £298 Fully comp on my 3.9 91 RR Classic, no mileage limitations.

Please be aware that any quote is dependant on where you live, where its parked, your no claims history etc, etc.

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

Hi all - many thanks for the input.

Alun - when I had my RR I found Norwich Union were the cheapest and we currently insure all our other heaps of scrap with them - they won't touch anything as old as my Series tho'

: > Series 2a is up for insurance renewal - it's a mobile shed so value is in : > the £750 to £1000 area. I'm currently with Firebond but has anybody got a : > decent quote from anywhere else recently ?? : >

: > Graeme : >

: > p.s. Footman James just quoted me £574 for a 3,000 mile policy TPFT - : > ahahahahahahaha : >

: : I have just re newed my insurance with The AA (yes they were the cheapest) : £298 Fully comp on my 3.9 91 RR Classic, no mileage limitations. : : Please be aware that any quote is dependant on where you live, where its : parked, your no claims history etc, etc. : : AlunP :

Reply to
Graeme

Also use -- as an ex-farmer my Lightweight is insured for business purposes, still. Insured with NFU.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Now have the certificate in my sweaty fingers, agreed value 4,500 quid.. :-)

Terry

Reply to
terry