Land Rover extended warranty- a joke?

BEWARE if you're considering buying a used Land Rover product with the 'security' of a 'Land Rover' extended warranty. One might assume that the idea of the 'genuine Land Rover' extended warranty is to bolster Land Rover's reputation, somewhat sullied over recent years with their product consistently rating Dead Last in reliabilty surveys as well as having poor resale values, by assuring trouble-free (or at least unplanned-expensive-failure-free) motoring; but as those canny Romans used to say, Caveat Emptor.

Some things to check: Is it actually Land Rover warranting their product, or is it an underwriter? Is their extended warranty EXACTLY the same as the Land Rover new car warranty, or are there major exclusions? Is the engine covered, or just *parts* of it?

More to come... if neccessary.

Reply to
Hans Niesen-Bumpsadesi

So did you read the small print ?

Have you been deceived ? Or just suckered by sales talk?

Do you actually own one and have had problems, or just here to rant ?

Whats a warranty then ???? Is that one of those new car things?

Oh crossposting too!!!

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Hans Niesen-Bumpsadesi posted ...

Sounds like someone got suckered into a sales pitch ..

God, no, no more, please, please, no more ... think of the chillllldrennnn...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

As far as Land Rovers are concerned, we spend a lot of time on this NG saying exactly that, although not in Latin.

As long as the dealer is doing the work, does it matter who pays?

Oh dear. Hats on, folks.

Sheikh Yamani-Meikhir (for Fleetwood Mac fans)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Odd, init, that one of our regulars here has just spent a month in Oz and was saying how good their Landie dealers were...

P'raps yours simply doesn't like you...

Reply to
Mother

Two fish in a tank.

One says to the other : How do you drive this thing?

THAT'S A JOKE

;-)

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Twas Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:29:14 +0000 (UTC) when "Neil Brownlee" put finger to keyboard producing:

only just

;o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Same applies to most "extended warranties", noy t just LandRover they are generally not worth the paper they are printed on. I would only bother to sign up for one if it was offered for free and there were no clauses in it about who can service the vehicle. Do you have specific complaint about a warranty not being honoured?

Daryl

Reply to
D Walford

BUBBLES!!!!!! . . . . . . . . . MY BUBBLES!

Reply to
wayne

I'm sorry... I'm going to have to challenge that one.... your just a fishist.

;-)

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to