Land Rover Monthly

Just resubscribed a few weeks ago and today - in a plain, non-see-through plastic wrapper, a magazine arrived. Course I didn't realise it was LRM - as I couldn't see through the wrapper - so with care (thinking the worse, like 'someone' may have subscribed me to a 'top shelfer') I opened it...

Imagine my surprise to find it was LRM - and more, the first thing I should see on the enclosed suplement, in HUGE letters was

101

Whey-hey! A whole big suplement about 101s!

Nope - it was a suplement entitled:

"101 hints and tips toward painless purchasing"

The Teasers!

However, in the main mag is a smashing 4 page article from Sue Dixon with their 101 camper - so all if fine, but why the plain wrapper?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I've opened mine followed rapidly by my 17 month old daughter sneezing a mouthful of buttered toast, banana and the contents of both nasal cavities all over it, the table it was on, my plate of food and me.

Thanks Catrin.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

One of the joys of parenthood. I've just rescued Bruce's copy from Isaac. After opening it from its protective, fairly watertight package, spilling at least half a cup of tea and the remains of several biscuits on two pages, flicking through the rest of it before rolling it up and letting the dog chew it, its in a very sorry state. I shall fetch him a replacement.

Reply to
Nikki

Eldest normally grabs mine saying "Look, Daddy's magazine" then going and hiding it somewhere amongst the pile of other LR assorted pictures she has. Not bad for a 3 yr old but somewhat frustrating...

JonW D90

Reply to
jonnie.nightbar

I don't think Bruce has a single copy of any land rover magazine that hasn't got at least half a dozen pages stuck together, usually caused by a tea spill. Nikki

1990 Discovery V8i 1985 Range Rover V8 1975 88" Series 3, 2.25 petrol
Reply to
Nikki

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 00:04:06 +0100, Nikki woke me up from day-dreaming about allsorts of things and broke forth with the following words:

Blime thought that was a bit risque at this time in the morning....then I read the last bit

Usually....... :-)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan

|| I don't think Bruce has a single copy of any land rover magazine ||| that hasn't got at least half a dozen pages stuck together, || || Blime thought that was a bit risque at this time in the || morning....then I read the last bit || |||| usually caused by a tea ||| spill. ||

Yeah, the pictures aren't *that* good!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You're just trying to get me to say something rude.

Reply to
Nikki

Well, if "usually" means "most of the time", then what are they stuck with the rest of the time? Tell the truth and we promise not to laugh.

DaveP

Reply to
Dave Pseudonym

stuck

Copaslip?

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

I thought perhaps releasing fluid.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I shall leave it to your imagination.

I did stick all the pages together once with pritt stick when he pissed me off. He wasn't very amused.

Reply to
Nikki

Hell hath no fury like a woman with a pritt stick and PMT...

Reply to
Mother

A lady friend of mine who's husband is a miner used to make his sandwiches with cheese slices but left the cellophane on them or stick bits of paper in them if she got mad with him On a couple of occasions she gave him rotten fruit it being very dark at the coal face

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I wouldn't do that. Leaving the sunroof open on the car when you know its going to rain is quite good and hiding one shoe of every pair he owns has interesting results.

Reply to
Nikki

You haven't tried emptying his electric shaver into his underpant drawer then?

Reply to
Mother

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:30:35 +0000 (UTC), "Andy.Smalley" made me spill my meths by writing:

A lady I know (it's OK, she's not in the house at the moment) did some cheeseburgers under the grill with the cheese slices, and forgot to take the plastic off.

Good things, smoke alarms.

Soon after putting the house up for sale it was suggested that I finish off some of those little tasks that had been waiting a while, actually quite a long while but what's the point in rushing things. One of them was to finish a bit of repapering in the first floor landing. All was going well when off went the aforementioned smoke alarm (it's the steam you know). Well this alarm had a good feature and could be silenced for 10 mins at a time. I reached up and pressed the button and it went quiet. Then the alarm fell off the ceiling and into the bucket of wallpaper paste. Buggrit, it can stay there now.

Then it went off again and bubbled away in the wallpaper paste until I had enough and binned the lot.

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Good idea, but he's got a beard.

I cut off all the buttons on all of his shirts once too and tied his boot laces together in knots. Result was plenty of shirts for rags as he went out and bought new ones and plenty of swearing because those knots were really tied tight!

Reply to
Nikki

I hope you replaced it. Usefull things to have if you have burnt offerings on a frequent basis. Bruce usually sets his off in the workshop once a week and that's caused by wood dust that hasn't been extraxted by the dust extractor.

Reply to
Nikki

I do rather suspect that this thread should be continued in alt.revenge :-)

Reply to
Mother