Land Rover - US version

Hello, i am considering getting a 2004 Discovery in US.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me the good, the bad and the ugly about the vehicle. (how well does it last, maintenance costs, etc..)

thank you in advance.

Reply to
kleviy

It will last forever if you look after it (in terms of maintenance and the like). Fuel consumption is no worse than any other enormous V8, and the dealer servicing costs are pretty similar to any other 'premium brand'.

In the US I believe you now get the 4.6 V8, which is a good engine and still based on the '50's Buick V8, albeit somewhat modernised! Oil changes should be frequent (I do my V8 every 3000 miles) and the coolant should also be kept clean.

I think build quality of current models is at least as good as other brands. They are no longer 'hand built' (except the Defender).

The '04 Discovery is a vehicle which has evolved gradually from the first Discovery in about '90, which was itself little more than a partly rebodied Range Rover from 1971! So pretty well sorted really!

My Disco has done 130,000 miles and has never broken down (that's torn it). A friend of mine is nearing 180,000 miles on his Discovery and only a gearbox failure to complain about.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Thanks, but what about the gas consumption - does require premium, also is the consumption really bad? (i do a lot of bumper to bumper driving)?

What about the noise if you open the windows?

Reply to
kleviy

In article , kleviy writes

Can't help with a figure but remember you lot use smaller gallons than the UK.

Reply to
John Halliwell

I run my 95 Discovery on regular unleaded in Canada. It's now approaching

Reply to
Colin Hughes