Is it possible to import AClass to the US?

Hello group,

Newbie to newsgroups, so forgive me if I trip over any group etiquette rules.

I am a US citizen in Brazil, considering the purchase of a ClassA 190.

I would like to bring this back to the US, but the restrictions seem daunting!

To your knowledge, has anyone successfully imported this vehicle, or do the modification requirements make it not worth the effort?

Thank you,

(reply direct to...) vincentzebraitis at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Vincent Zebraitis

Best thing to do is go the customs website

and ask the importers, they're quite helpful.

cp

modification requirements make it not worth the

Reply to
cp

I have seen the A class in USA. In fact I saw one the other night just as I was leaving the club....very tiny car.

So to answer your question...yes it's possible.

Redbrick...who Loves his CLK

Reply to
redbrick

No. The Smart is a very tiny car.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

If you are planning on residing in the USA for a year, you might be eligible to import the A190 and use it for a year. The US Customs permit such a thing for the people who are not US citizen or resident and who are planning on staying here for short duration of one year, especially for the foreign students and company-sponsored employees. I have seen a several European cars with European numberplates in Boulder, Colorado.

Vincent Zebraitis schrieb:

Reply to
OM