Landies are ace!!!

On or around Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:27:43 +0100, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. I went away from electric fans on the 110 when on failed on me. went back to a good old-fashioned fixed engine-driven fan.

Have got a kenlowe on the transit, but it's a new one and thus gauarnteed (for 2 years) - the control box had a fault after not long, one of the terminals came loose inside. I phoned Kenlowe and they sent another one out ASAP - would I please return the old one so they could examine it in case it was a dud batch or something.

decent bunch.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Eh? Whats odd about gated lanes, several around here.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:56:49 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

increasingly replaced by cattlegrids with side gates though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

round here a gate across a lane generally seems to mean it is someones drive and you risk an angry farmer when you drive through/into his yard.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I have to say I can't think of many lanes that haven't got gates on them! An angry farmer is not the same as illegal - though of the four truly angry farmers I have come acress two just wanted to rant about trail riders going by at full tilt during milking (one in Cheshire, one near Llangollen) - which is fair enough, panicking cows are bloody leathal), one (Hartington Moor) had just had a wall demolished by some prats who thought it would be a good idea to use stones off the wall to try and get un-stuck and the fourth was a prat from Cheshire in need of life. On all other occasions we've just had a chat, made it clear that we were obeying "the rules" and that was that. One chap near Llangollen even came out an congratulated us on putting back all his obstructions after we'd passed!

Mind you, how many of the lanes I know are legal now is a different matter.......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

How do you now know what is legal and what is not - it's a shambles.

Reply to
Dougal

Short of going to your county town and looking at the Definitive Map I've no idea. Ideally, all the various clubs could get their Green Lanes Officers (or whatever they call them) together and create a knowledge base - I can see good reason why it should not be published on the web etc, but clubs can (potentialy, anyway) extert some influence over their members. Also Glass and LARA could co-ordinate such a scheme, but I have no desire to be a member Glass (I saw their "encampment" at the Star Caravan Park a few years back - sorry if that's upset anyone) and from my time as a Green Lane Officer I found information was hard to come by.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

How do you know any road from a 8 lane motorway down is "the public highway"?

The gated lanes I refered to are metaled, at the minimum two unfenced strips of tramac across a field, but are the public highway. I think perhaps we need to make the distinction between "lanes" as in single track roads common in the coutryside and "lanes" as in BOAT etc...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice