landrover freelander 2002 water in rear boot

i have found a huge amount of water in ther rear lockable storage box where the jack is stored, how an earth di the water get in here???

Reply to
melvyngray

incredible - one must assume you are not posting from the south of England where regulations soon to be in force would criminalise your activity of transporting water without a licence.

door seals? sun roof?

the usual fix - assuming the water is not noticable elsewhere in the vehicle - is to provide drainage

Reply to
William Tasso

Either that or it's been rescued from a beech recently ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Not seen many landies in trees.. Steve

Reply to
steve

Happend to me and my Freelander (V6ES X reg) I cleaned all the rubber (rear) door seals, never had it occur since!

Hope this maybe helps.................

Brian (Huddersfield)

Reply to
Horse.trader

In my case it came from the gallon water container I'd put in the rear door pocket -- I always carry some to wash windows/hands/dog paws etc. In this case something sharp in the boot punctured the bottle when I shut the door, but so ever-so-slightly so I didn't notice the damage to the container. Thought my window seals were leaking when this puddle kept appearing on the floor!

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit