LAST CALL FOR 'FROADIN'

Any one up for the unofficial who has not yet been forthcomming with a deposit for the off roading I'll be sending the cheque tomorrow morning so let me know if there are any last minute lurkers.

£10 Deposit by paypal will secure your froadin deposit, camping needs to be booked direct via the link below.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 2 Oct 2006 16:01:12 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

bugger, forgot the booking camping bit. However, that may be a blessing in disguise - just worked out that my finances are about a grand less well-endowed than they should be, which rather puts the mockers on going on trips. Annoying, 'cos I've been not managing to do the electric mountain tour for feckin' ages. But at current appearances, all the next lot of pay will just abotu get my bank balance back within the agreed overdraft limit, if I pay back the money I appropriated from another account, so that ain't gonna happen, or not all of it.

I'm already committed to a harchery shoot this coming weekend, which I can't really afford, but 'tis the last of the season.

So, barring miracles like someone turning up and wanting to pay about 3K for the sierra, I think I'll have to duck out of this one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

STILL not got the bloody axle OFF yet :-( So if we make it, it'll just be for the chillin. bit.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

OK Austin no sweat I'll bung your deposit back as like I say I'm about to send the cheque so it's not been processed by the Lee_D bank of landrover yet ;-)

Sorry you won't be able to do it :-( If you can get up just fer burgers and alike it'll be a good scrum down I guess.

Reply to
Lee_D

steve uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Hope you can make it even if it's by Renault power! Chillin is probably my fav bit.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:59:26 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

nah, 's the petrol for travelling that's the biggest expense. Nemmind, there'll be others, and I *will* one day get to do the leccy mountain tour.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

YHM

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 2 Oct 2006 23:39:13 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

yer not wrong. Ta.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| On or around Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:59:26 +0100, "Lee_D" || enlightened us thusly: || ||| ||| OK Austin no sweat I'll bung your deposit back as like I say I'm ||| about to send the cheque so it's not been processed by the Lee_D ||| bank of landrover yet ;-) ||| ||| Sorry you won't be able to do it :-( If you can get up just fer ||| burgers and alike it'll be a good scrum down I guess. ||| || || nah, 's the petrol for travelling that's the biggest expense. || Nemmind, there'll be others, and I *will* one day get to do the || leccy mountain tour. --

I needn't bring the Disco side steps, then ... Sorry you aren't coming. The smell of bacon at 5 am can be quite intoxicating.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Shit! was looking forward to meeting you matey!! Oh well, more beer for us!!! Was gonna chuck the KTM on the back for you to have a go too.........

Reply to
Nige

On or around Tue, 3 Oct 2006 20:34:39 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I'm pissed off not to be doing the leccy mountain. nemmind, there'll be other opportunities and other unofficials.

re. the disco steps - if you fancy a detour on the way up, I can offer a cuppa by way of an incentive, and no doubt mother might come up with a small donation to the fuel...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

||| I needn't bring the Disco side steps, then ... Sorry you aren't ||| coming. The smell of bacon at 5 am can be quite intoxicating. || || yeah, I'm pissed off not to be doing the leccy mountain. nemmind, || there'll be other opportunities and other unofficials. || || re. the disco steps - if you fancy a detour on the way up, I can || offer a cuppa by way of an incentive, and no doubt mother might come || up with a small donation to the fuel...

I'll see how the time thing pans out. If not, I'll get them to you somehow, say before the next millennium.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Rollcall Lee?

Reply to
Nige

Well so far theres (that I know to)

Me and the Tribe Nige and the Tribe Andy and ? Richard and Di Maybe Steve and Lizzy and Tribe Mother and Mrs Mother Simonthepieman (a chap with a 101 who races hover craft - can only hope he brings the hover craft too!)

I've had no other indications as to any one attending...

as for froadin Its

Me Nige Andy

Any one else??????

Reply to
Lee_D

I'll lend me 110 out for the needy!!! I can chuck the KTM on the back if anyone wants a go on that? It's looking far too clean at the moment! I have all the proper gear to fit a bigger chap!

The 110 is in fine fettle now, ready to get it's self well & truly dirty! Best get a decent recovery rope & some wellies!

Serious, is there anything we really need? A checklist etc?

I'm right looking forward. I'm also off roading the weekend before at Ollerton near Nottingham, just for a couple of hours in a 110 or 90.

Reply to
Nige

|| I have all the proper gear to fit a bigger chap!

Looking around at some of the previous meets, I would say that remark was a hostage to fortune.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Beer Cheesecake Garlic bread Did I mention Beer?

Dunno if it'll be barby weather any one got a Barby big enough for a group cook.

Also thought it would be a nice touch for the Kids to do a Halloween thing.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

|| Nige uttered summat worrerz || funny about: || ||| Serious, is there anything we really need? A checklist etc? || || Beer

Beer, beer, beer. Don't forget the beer.

|| Cheesecake || Garlic bread || Did I mention Beer?

No. Bring some beer.

|| Dunno if it'll be barby weather any one got a Barby big enough for a || group cook.

We could probably manage enough barbie space for about 6, so if others could do a few more we could have "barbability".

Given the time of year, some shelter for sittin' around in would be good, and summat like that ace log fire steel thing Steve had.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I shall endeavour to bring Son of Fire Pit - the collapsible version....

Assuming I get the axle rebuilt.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor