Leaking P38 heater matrix

The Autobiography on the road was just given a very thorough going over by myself.

The drivers side heater o rings are leaking, only a drip, but it can only get worse.

Is this anything to do with the general cooling system problems or totally separate. It has had a new short engine fitted inside the last year. (It runs as sweet as a nut too)

It is also converted to run on LPG with the tank inside the spare wheel well. It isn't connected at present (dunno why) but didn't look too bigger job to sort.

They will do the o rings, but I'm just wary for other problems!

Ta

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

I have recently had a short engine fittedl. I shall be keeping close eye on drivers footwell for any signs of leaking coolant on carpet as its possible that the o-rings may have been slightly damage or compressed when the hoses were disconnected. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and be prepared for the removal of dash and related parts, just to replace a very minor cost part.

separate. It has had a new

well. It isn't connected at

Reply to
BoB-B

Nige> Is this anything to do with the general cooling system Nige> problems or totally separate. It has had a new short engine Nige> fitted inside the last year. (It runs as sweet as a nut too)

It appears to be totally separate int eh cases I've seen.

Nige> They will do the o rings, but I'm just wary for other Nige> problems!

has lots more stuff to check - don'tlet it put you off.

I'd be suspicious about the LPG being disconnected - you have to ask why.

tells you how to replace theo-rings. It's a fairly tricky task, but it can be done in a daywithout taking the whole dash out. Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

I've also done a write up on this at

Ron

Reply to
p38arover

Could be a very good bargaining point then. Why would the LPG system be disconnected? I'm stuck on that one too.

It is a new engine, maybe they thought LPG knackered the lastr one? There are 8 pipes under the bonnet blanked off, what are they does anyone know?

The FSH & new engine, coupled to the fact there's not a mark on the car apart from a 20p size bit of bubble on the drivers door (hit something on the edge & not been touched up) make it very interesting. The drivers leather seat base is in good condition, but not A1. I rang LR & a new one is £130, i didnt think thats too bad really!

Nige

Reply to
Nige