Intake Manfold Leaking Dexcool !!

Hi guys,

I have 1999 K1500 with 57K miles. I noticed a leaking of antifreeze from the front and drivers side rear section of the intake manifold. I have read here about the problems with Dexcool and am wondering if anyone here has had any luck on getting assistance from Chevy on fixing this problem. If not, what kinda of price should I be looking at to get the intake gasket replaced. Any help I can get before going to the dealer or local mechanic would be appreciated.

Steve L. Aurora, IL.

Reply to
Trapshooter870

Ian, do you recommend the oil change before or after the engine is started post gasket replacement?

I continue to have a small leak somewhere on the passenger's side. I only see about a tablespoon of Dexcool on my drip pan. I did a coolant change a while back including removing the block drains, but I can't find any drips. I've put my Yukon up on ramps and gone underneath to no avail. I used a mirror to look at the rear of the intake manifold but it's hard to see with the distributor sitting there. It seems I only find the coolant after I let it sit for weeks, and by then the drips from the engine have dried up. If it's the intake I don't have a problem getting it fixed, but I need to be sure. I fixed the leaky quick connect on the heater hose to manifold connection (what a cheesy POS that is).

WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

Thanks for the help.

I'll get back to the group after I get a quote from the Chevy mechanic.

Local garage says $300 + parts.

Steve

Reply to
Trapshooter870