Refurbing my Diff lock Valve - Which Silicone grease?

Been pulling yet more bits off Morph today (101 Ambi). Mainly the Diff lock pipes (ala early Range rover vac operated) and the valve to operate it.

I've managed to replace the bits of pipe which were chaffed through along a length of about 10 cm's.

On inspecting the vlave there is slight seapage of air around the case of the valve it's self. I understand that this is normal and can be fixed with a squirt of silicone grease. I have not actually got any to hand so will have to find some. I've done a quick google... is this the stuff I need?

For a refreshing change the diff lock actuator so far seems to hold air ok.

I also didn't fully realise that the diff lock need vacume to keep it off as well as on which has explained one occasion when it came on all by it's self.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I use Dow Corning Plumba Grease from Radio Spares

stock no. 423-7155, 3.99 +vat. It's not a spray, so I don't know if it would help. It's good for anything plastic/nylon/rubber. Plumbcenter also sell it but I think it's dearer. Local plumbers merchants, perhaps?

Andy Fox

1986 110 V8
Reply to
Andy Fox