"Long Way Round" - thoughts for a summer trip

Having bought the Disco on the pretence of doing it up for a long expedition tour my wife is making noises about when we're going to do it.

So, I'm now having to plan it.

My current thoughts are to take a North Sea Ferry to somewhere in the north of mainland Scandiwegia and then toodle down through Scandiwegia and the baltic nations and head back to England from a ferry port somewhere en-route. Ideally we'd make for Calais, but I'm not sure this is practical.

Anybody done this or anything similar would care to share their experiences?

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:01:05 +0100, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

oh b**ger....

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Same here, but with a 110...

I'm more for the south. Interested in Sahara experiences (for a winter trip). Any around?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Hi Have a look here at the Norwegian Land Rover forum, click on the International button and ask your question, you will get a lot of help!

Reidar Otto

Reply to
Reidar Otto Johnsen

Hi Fred,

I will be travelling through France, Spain, Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal and Gambia, maybe into Guinea as well, in early January 2005 - fancy going across the desert together. I will be taking the new road if it is finished on the Atlantic Route or along the beach.

Andrew

andrew"at"preach>

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

In news:lKk4e.9046$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, Andrew Renshaw decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Um, so how was it?

Reply to
Pete M

Okay I meant 2006 - LOL

Andrew Renshaw

Tempting.

However, the problem is that at the moment I can't go for very long (family things such as school, etc.)

Any info anywhere on that new road?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse