Looking for a good landy (109)

Howdy all

I've decided that it's a series III 109 that I am looking to buy now, budget is around 1.5k max for an ok condition one, road worthy, and hopefully tax-exempt, and deisel.

It's the open backed one I am looking at, so I can collect lots of lovely wood and pallets for my woodburner :)

Now the hard bit - where do I find such a vehicle!

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Charles Smith

For what you describe you should get a pretty good example for GBP1500. There are a lot on ebay, and although I don't necessarily recommend buying there, it'll show you what prices vehicles are going for.

Whatever you do, VISIT THE VEHICLE FIRST. Once bitten, twice shy. It's easy to be overoptimistic about describing a vehicle for sale, even amongst enthusiast Landy owners. And if you should find a shark...

Apart from local dealers - not main dealers - look in the magazines for prices and availability. Then look at your local free advertising paper, and the motors for sale version of the same thing.

The truck cab LWB is not the most sought after thing out there, so make sure you get a good one!

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Richard Wright