Loud speakers in a 110

All,

My 110 came with 2 front loud speakers, and they are really not at the best place for nice sound (yes, I know, there is not much point because of the general noise in the "car", but never mind ;-).

Has anybody fitted additional ones in the back? If yes, where?

TIA,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

I fitted a pair in the headlining of my County just in front of the roof windows - they are closer to your ears and hence work better over the noise. The headlining is strong enough to support the speakers and there is enough clearance behind it for the magnets. JD

1986 110 County 3.9Diesel
Reply to
JD

On or around Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:24:55 +0100, Fred Labrosse enlightened us thusly:

I fitted some to the panel above the rear quarter windows, either side of the rear door, on the CSW. worked well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The land rovers I've fitted for field work had a shelf just behind the front seats at roof-joint level, with 2 pairs of speakers, each pair right by the ears of the driver/navigator. very effective., stereo was mounted in between on the shelf along with some radio gear and a custom switch box for controlling which speakers did what and how loud. not enough room in a station wagon though, we used hard tops.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

A bit too close to my hears for my taste. ;-)

Thanks anyway.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

I had in mind indeed. How did you run the wires? How do you take the lining there out?

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

I noticed a 90 recently with a pair in the lamp cluster/wiring protection 'corners' at the back of the benches, looks quite sensible. On my 110, there's not much else there; plenty of room for a speaker magnet/cone. As for the wires, from stereo to 1st speaker along the cabin - simpler - or along the chassis; either way crossing sides underneath with the lamp wiring is possibly best.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
Mark

On or around Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:11:12 +0100, Fred Labrosse enlightened us thusly:

I think the lining was on those irritating plastic things that break if you're not careful. You might need to remove the door seal or something as well, can't remember. I think I got persuaded the wiring into a bit of interior trim that runs along above the side windows, and then ran it down the windscreen pillars inside the trim there, round the corner into the bit under the dash.

Reply to
Austin Shackles