new speakers for 205

Hi, I bought a H reg 1.6 3dr 205 last week, in real nice condition and am looking to get some ICE in there. I have put a headunit in there and after reading abit online I not going to opt for a stealth shelf with 6x9s on it, but go for nice speakers in place of the standard ones and add a sub. I am going for quality rather than just plain loud and am into electronic / hiphop mainly.

Does anyone have any nice 13cm speakers that they would recommend for this kind of setup, its kinda hard to tell in the shop what they are going to sound like in the car right? I am not looking for component speakers either. I just want really a really crisp sound. I had some jbl 6x9s last year, they were ok but I get the impression that alpine are more crisp and generally better?

Any info on sound deadening the doors would also be appreciated and also whats the little star shaped kinda alan key screw on the doors about... I am going to need a tool to get them off... do you know what size this is as I am going to have to go into a shop and ask for one, whatever it is. (Currently bidding on the haynes manual so I will know in a few days I guess but a, I am in a rush and b, i might not win it)

I hope this makes some kind of sense....

Thanks

michael

Reply to
True Jedi

They are a typical Peugeot trick to confuse you - They're not a standard allen key but I found that you can usually undo them with a small flat-blade screwdriver of the correct width to fit across two points of the star.

Chances are though, they'll be stuck solid (mine were) - I happened to have some star-bits in my drill bit collection and although none of them fitted properly, brute force and perseverance prevailed.

If you can, swap them once you get them out for small posi-drive screws.

Sorry can't help on the speaker front, I'm not in to ICE at all really - so long as I can play my CD's I can live with the factory speakers!!!

Cheers, Matt

--

1991 Peugeot 205 Roland Garros Cabriolet TU3S 1.4 Carb
- Happy 20th Birthday Peugeot 205==

Thanks Matt, thats good to know. After putting my cd player in yesterday I was kinda suprised how good the factory speakers sounded.

Thanks

Michael

Reply to
True Jedi

That's what I figured - they don't distort with my Clarion and go far too loud already!!! ;-)

It's quite amusing having a cabriolet 205 with speakers in the back shelf, people outside can hear the stereo better than I can! The canvas hood works as a pretty effective amp!

;-)

Matt

--

1991 Peugeot 205 Roland Garros Cabriolet TU3S 1.4 Carb
- Happy 20th Birthday Peugeot 205==
Reply to
Matt

The tool you want is a torx key. They come in different sizes like alan keys so you might have to test the fit of a few.

Mark

Reply to
Mark (UK)