LPG conversion to Disco 3 V8

Anyone know if a kit is available and if so how much? Also is it going to affect the LR warranty?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Got it back?

Reply to
Nige

I know our local main agent won't touch LPG conversions on a trade in. Non Franchised in South Cheshire however are happy to.

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Nope, just mulling over my options. Looks like a few more days in the Freelander as the part is still on back order.

Reply to
Andy

Depends a lot on tank options. IF it takes a similar tank to the P38 (95ltr doughnut) but underslung and put the spare on the rear door (where it ought to be, in my personal opinion!!), then look for the likes of an OMVL Dream

21-N or PIRO system for around the £1800 mark, fully fitted and set-up (not including a new wheel carrier!). The Dream system will work perfectly on that engine / management system. Whatever you do, don't be caught into the trap of falling for the old "it has to be an LPGA approved conversion" line, there are some dodgy installers out there both LPGA approved and not! Whereabouts are you? I'm in the north of Scotland but I can probably recommend a good installer. I'd be almost 99% certain that landrover would use it as an excuse to invalidate your warranty however. Badger.
Reply to
Badger

Lakeland Land Rover offer a conversion via Autogas that doesn't affect the warranty but they want £3000 + vat though which negates any savings in doing the job! £1800 is better value certainly but would need to check ref the warranty. I am in Thackley West Yorkshire and would be keen to get a recommended installer.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Not sure exactly where he is, but get in touch with Steve

he's good, very good, and a lot closer than me! I'dimagine he'll be dearer than me though, but then I don't have the overheadsthat he has! Whatever you decide though, don't let yourself get conned intobelieving that cheap systems such as e-gas are as good as omvl or prins,they aren't! I'd also steer clear of Romano, Bi-Gas and Tartarini, butthat's my personal opinion. I only install OMVL as I genuinely believe it tobe the best value (reliability v's cost v's quality) currently available andit's what I run my own motors on - Disco II 4.0 and heavily modded 4.7ltr110! Badger.

Reply to
Badger