lwb to swb

Hi,

is it possible to convert (chop the back off) a lwb to a swb?

thanks

Rav

Reply to
rk

On or around Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:31:22 +0100, "rk" enlightened us thusly:

short answer: no.

I suppose, technically, you could, but there's no point.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You can chop the rear overhang off a long wheel base to give better departure angles & a short wheel base look. A friend did this with a stage 1 v8 a while back, not sure if it involves any suspension mods though

us

Reply to
Jon

No, the chassis is too different to allow it, particularly as regards spring hangers etc etc. Easier in the long run to buy a new SWB chassis and other bits and pieces and rebuild it, or buy a SWB outright.

Plus, the logbook will be wrong, and it's not the sort of conversion you can just send off for, like a color change, they're liable to give you a q-plate.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:28:35 +0000 (UTC), "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

on a leaf-sprung one you have to leave the chassis intact as far as the back spring mounting :-)

you could "bob" a coil chassis quite impressively, provided you relocate the fuel tank.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My hybrid is bobbed just after the rear coil spring mounts at the cross member between the mounts. DVLA not bothered by it either!

Fuel tank is now relocated to just behind my cab

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend, at the moment......) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, time to retrim it Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs