mainshaft oil feed plate

Well, went to steve parker yesterday and bought an oil feed plate just have to fit it now :O)

-- Jon

Reply to
Jon

full instructions with it £21.98 over the counter. basically remove pto cover, clean brown gunge from arround mainshaft area, clean all gaskets and fit oil feeder plate with a gasket at either side (included) and replace cover. Theres a bit about checking the wear in mainshaft by engaging 4th and jacking a rear wheel up and rotate hand brake drum back and forth and writing condition on the sticker on the back of the oil feeder plate. I'm prolly gonna do it at work on a ramp with an impact wrench so it will be a quick job :O)

-- Jon

Reply to
Jon

On or around Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:36:11 +0100, "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

ISTR 4th is direct drive, although to assess the movement between the transfer gear and the shaft, any gear would do. How you decide how much wear is a major problem and need surgery and how much is OK, I dunno. I have heard of one or two which have sheared all the splines completely, but I imagine it takes either serious mishandling or serious wear to get to that stage.

Reply to
Austin Shackles