Mangled nuts ( decker panel )

hi,

In preparation for footwell replacement I have removed the N/S wing on my 89 RRC. Unfortunately, the decker panel bolts were seized solid. I had to flex the wing outwards and grind off the bottom of the captive nut thingies. Is there any way of replacing these widgets ? Should I just use spring washers and nuts ( or maybe nyloc ) ?

thanks, Wafty

Reply to
Wafty

NOT nyloc - unless you never intend removing them again!

If its the bit I think you mean, then the nuts are on a nut plate, Part No. 390728 (or should be!)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

We found a few solutions to a similar problem during the year

saves miggin a new nut on. I keep saying I'll get a packet from one of myexporters "just in case" but each time I collect their exports I forget whatit was I wanted -so many toys in the one place. Derek

Reply to
Derek