MG Cars to be built again......!!!

In Oklahoma!!!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Richard wrote

I heard Nanjing Automobile Corp were going to make them in China for China, and export later, and possible reopen Longbridge shortly to make the MG TF sport. My understanding is that an announcement of their plans will be made by them on the eve of the British International Motor Show at the ExCel in London Docklands (where the new Freelander and Jag XKR will meet their public for the first time). It's on between19th to the 26th July, open 'till 9pm, and easy to get to/from by DLR or tube or even River Bus. Don't even think of driving!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Driving to a Motor show, that just wouldn't be cricket! Speaks volumes about the times we live in!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

It was announced on yesterdays BBC News web site.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Have a look at this engine they have bought from the Petronas boys

have to speculate its likely to fit nicely in the engine bay of an MGTF ( or an MGB ) 200+bhp would push it along at a fair lick compared to the 115-160 of the older units frighteningly Proton bought them too tho'Derek

Reply to
Derek

I heard Nanjing Automobile Corp were going to make them in China for China, and export later, and possible reopen Longbridge shortly to make the MG TF sport. My understanding is that an announcement of their plans will be made by them on the eve of the British International Motor Show at the ExCel in London Docklands (where the new Freelander and Jag XKR will meet their public for the first time). It's on between19th to the 26th July, open 'till 9pm, and easy to get to/from by DLR or tube or even River Bus. Don't even think of driving!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote

Well we finally get the plans for MG from Nanjing. A new factory with State backing in Oklahoma to build the "new" MG TF Coupe at about 16,000pa. So Richard you were correct. Reopening of Longbridge to build the "old" MG TF convertible, at about 4,000 pa.

Problem 1, the TF has a small engine bay designed for the compact "K" series engine so there isn't much else that will fit and if I remember correctly the "K" series is owned by another. Problem 2. MG has been out of the US for nearly 30 years because of a bad (Lancia type) reputation, what's changed to make them saleable now in those numbers? Will it be cheap enough being built in the States?

Nanjing will build all other MG's except the 75 in china.

The rights to the Rover/MG 75 are owned by rival Chinese firm SIAC and they are lengthening it and making other alterations like a bigger boot before putting it into production in China.

Reply to
Bob Hobden