Re: RFD: uk.rec.gps

For info...

What this all actually means is that someone has proposed the creation of a new newsgroup called: uk.rec.gps

If you'd like to follow the discussion, add 'uk.net.news.config' (unnc) to your list of subscribed usenet groups. unnc is the place where groups in the uk.* are created, deleted and argued over until your head explodes. It's populated by a bitter and twisted bunch of pedantic, personality-clashing petty little people who rarely see daylight. Apart from me, obviously, they're all quite mad...

Reply to
Mother

Eh ?

takes all the fun out of getting lost.

-- Larry Series 3 rust and holes

Reply to
Larry

I used to think that no GPS could ever demand you pull over then scream "You read the f*cking map then"... However some of the little buggers can talk to you now*, so...

Don't matter mind, as I can still get lost with a GPS...

(*really must look at reproging a voice chip or offering different voices, like ringtones. The idea of Kylie telling me to speed up, slow down, left a bit, right a bit...)

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

"you've just passed a No Entry..."

Twice.

Reply to
wayne

Flood?

Reply to
Mother

That will be interesting, all the off-road 4x4 folks talking to the walkers/ramblers. Should make for interesting discussions! :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Welllll..... This was in the back of my mind when I saw the RFD.

I actually think this could be a very valuable benefit of having the group as it happens. A bit more talking, a little less flinging toys out of prams etc, under the overall guise of chatting GPS.

For the last three years I've had some very meaningful chats with pro-hunting/CA type people at the Town and Country Festival (Stoneleigh, September). We all know where we stand (I used to do a bit of sabbing in my yoof). We talk, open and non controntationally about what we believe and in general part on good terms until next year.

Course, this year there was one slight 'incident', but the chap concerned was young and his peers soon made him aware of the 'protocol' (this was after I'd pinned him up against the side of Grumble etc)...

Reply to
Mother