Really? Like this?

From: Ian Rawlings Subject: Re: More bad news for older cars Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 17:35 Newsgroups: alt.fan.landrover

Cynicism aside, the LEZ and the congestion charge are two separate things, although they look the same. I'm just checking that you are aware that there's something *new* being introduced! The congestion charge is on every vehicle (more or less), while the LEZ is only on diesels that have worse than a set level of particulate emissions.

300TDi landies will be hit with the new charge in 2009 if they want to go into the LEZ. Basically it boils down to a simple rule; don't go anywhere near London unless someone's paying you shitloads to do so! I think anyone sensible already follows that rule ;-) I just hope other cities aren't too keen to follow suit, they haven't done so with congestion charges yet.

Sounds like a very reasoned argument to me. ;-)

What makes you think the contents of your killfile of interest to anyone other than yourself?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm aware of the congestion and pollution in the cities you mention, even if I haven't been lucky enough to go there. I suppose if you imagine all the commuters in Bangkok driving medium-sized cars, and the tuktuks replaced by diesel Sprinter vans, you'll see the point I was trying to make - about London.

Reply to
Rich B