More Fuse Box Woes...

Try a resistance test between both fuses. Or even a simple bell test, this will confirm or deny a dead short.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Sorry, basically it makes a circuit with either a bell o lap so it don't use resistance to measure the short, it is actually a dead short.

Reply to
Nige

Ok, 1st things 1st.

Its a 1987 RR V8 EFI.

If you measure the voltage over a fuse holder in the fuse box, you should get 0 volts. Correct?

If you measure across 11 and 13, it shows 12 volts. Am I right in thinking that this means somewhere on the circuit it is earthed out, hence being able to read voltage across the terminals?

The only thing connecting fuse 11 and 13 to my knowledge is the indicators.

11 is for the hazards, 13 for normal indicating. Is this true?

On the basis of the above being correct, I have disconnected all of the light clusters front and back, and traced the wiring loom inside the vehicle from each cluster to where it goes behind the dash. All is fine. I still get

12 volts across both fuses. It is not catching the body work where is goes though a grommet. AGGHH!!

I am at a total loss of what is causing this problem. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please??

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

will confirm or deny a dead

Elaborate??

WTF is a bell test!!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Erm, it means the fuse has blown.

Reply to
PDannyD

Foud it.

After taking out every light cluster and all the headlining, to trace the wire back to the fise box i could find no fault.... turned out to be a dead short in the flasher unit relay under the dash.

arse.

Well at least she is working again now.

Cheers!

Mark.