I want to buy a 110

Twas Sun, 01 Aug 2004 21:52:52 GMT when "Alec Parkin" put finger to keyboard producing:

I'm considering selling mine, however.. it has recessed door handles and I recently fitted the spare to the bonnet. it's also brown/cream, has no stereo. it's a 1984 110 csw. 2.5 n/aD, etc etc. and I wouldn't know what to do with a visa, if you can make it make numbers apperar in my bank account we'll get on dandy. I may be able to rig something up with 'nochex' as I use them for some business stuff.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I want to buy a land rover 110, unbelievably, my girlfriend has said I can, but she has placed a set of restrictions on me doing so, so here goes, is anyone selling a LandRover 110 that resemble`s the following (or is it even possible to buy one)

Proper (and apparantly comfortable) full back front seats with head rest Power Steering Door Handles which arn`t recessed (an unreasonable demand in my opinion)# diesel engine (2.25 nat aspirated will do fine(for now)) Nice Paint (she means not red, I have no idea what she has against red) No spare wheel on front bonnet (she`s short and wouldn`t be able to see over it) and a stereo (tho this isn`t important, I have one to fit)

if anyone see`s this elusive vehicle please let me know, I`m really bored of owning a Mondeo.

oh yeah, nearly forgot, I have a budget of £3000 and I have to be able to pay by VISA

I know this is a bit of a longshot but if anyone does know of a nice 110 for sale that is within this price range that can be put into service as a family car (off road capability will be added as finances allow) please let me know :)

Thanks all :)

Alec

Reply to
Alec Parkin

Paypal can do this. It isn't just for eBay.

I'm not familiar with 'nochex'.

All of these services charge some sort of transaction fee. eBay has new rules on such fees in the UK, in the last couple of months.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Ah yes, the ones stopping people charging buyers for the eBay fees they (the sellers and recipients of the money) incur for using eBay. A very good thing too.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

Not the charges for using Ebay, but for accepting Paypal payments, which can be upto 4% of the payment, plus the withdrawal fee.

I sell green coffee with a very low markup, and losing 4% just so the buyer can use a convenient (to them) payment method isn't fair on me. I already include packing etc in the price not to mention my time and cost driving to post the stuff.

Ebay only banned the practice since they now own Paypal and want as many people as possible to use it, in order to maximise another revenue stream. You get charged for listing an item, charged when it sells and now charged when it's paid for.

Next, they'll be buying UPS and getting the postage revenue as well, and no doubt the postal insurance too.

What about that is a "very good thing too", pray tell.

Reply to
danny

It's not just paypal though, the rule also covers nochex, natwest fastpay, egg pay and any others I've forgotten.

The interesting anomaly is that if you have your own PDQ machine you're allowed to pass on the charges for using it, but if you "use Paypal's PDQ" (so to speak) you're not.

This page does actually explain why this is so:

would obviously like to ban you from charging a surcharge on your own PDQ too, but they're not allowed to by law. Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett