More Greenpeace...

More from the BBC:-

"A protest that disrupted production at a Land Rover factory in the West Midlands has ended with the arrest of 15 Greenpeace activists."

David.

Reply to
David Sillitoe.

Oddly, not mentioned in the news was the degree by which the poor workers on the line were so put out that they demonstrated their anger toward the eco-anarchists by...

... offering them cups of tea.

Reply to
Mother

Wonderful, it's almost Monty Python ;-)

Only in good old Blighty...

Reply to
David Sillitoe.

And in return a new Landrover design the Warrior available only in rainbow patterns.

"Up above the streets and houses....."

now try and get that song out of your head before bed time ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mother

David Sillitoe. came up with the following;:

Heheheh. Good.

I used to think Greenpeace were, and I repeat _were_ a reasonable organisation and had a reasonable outlook on life and the effects of living. I mean, they combat pollution and shit by sailing an underpowered, rusting, old, uneconomical and possibly dangerous, fleet of ships around the world causing almost as much pollution as they want to stop, it seems. Then they target what I deem to be probably one of the most environmentally beneficial companies around. OK, so Range Rovers aren't economical, but if it weren't for other vehicles in the Landrover fleet, how would anything get done in forests, up mountains, down valleys, in the name of conservation and ecology without a 4x4? All those 'Save the Rhino' videos and 'Survival' documentaries .. how did they get there, and what vehicle did they use? Landrover.

It's actions like these that really make me wonder why I ever, in the past, supported them. This was such a misguided and poorly implemented 'protest' that it could do nothing but harm for their organisation and it's ideals.

I really think Greenpeace and other 'environmentalists really ought to target their targets with more thought before they make dumbarses of themselves.

Ah well ....

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother" > West Midlands has ended with the arrest of 15 Greenpeace activists."

Eco friendly tea, I hope!

Reply to
GbH

Wi-owt milk or sugar......

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

or tea...

Reply to
Mother

Picked by slaves fed only on organic corn grain!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

A bloody joke when my contribution to saving the planet is keeping an old landie going, if all cars were built to last like landies there would be a lot less pollution from making new ones every year and scrapping the old ones, whatever happend to the notions of sustainability.

Reply to
Larry

Yeah well I think that Greenpeace have become "designer anarchists" every bit as fashion conscios as the average "Chelsea Tractor" driver, don't see many of them around here on my estate, unless they are wearing burberry baseball caps for disguise.

Reply to
Larry

Surely that amounts to torture? Chained to a part built Range Rover, filled with loads of tea - and then waiting for long while......

Reply to
beamendsltd