MOT Emmisions Failure

Any website for this place? Where abouts is it if not?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

ROFL! Complete with a choice of tank when I was last there. We bought Aragorn the Lightweight from them. Nice people.

Beth

Reply to
Beth Clarke

Care to unpack that comment a little? When I had the last RR (3.9) I went into this to see if I could junk the cats and still pass the MoT. I sold the car before I checked it out thoroughly, but the manual certainly seems to suggest that the emissions limits apply to passenger cars, defined as "up to 2500Kg", and the GVW of the Rangie was 2510Kg according to the handbook. A lot of this is down to the interpretation of the tester, and most seemed to get as far as "K-reg and onwards, cat test needed" and wouldn't discuss it further. I'd still like to find a *definite* answer - if you have one, please share it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:14:48 GMT, Beth Clarke enlightened us thusly:

I got me big trailer there. "Bring a trailer board with you" quoth the man on the phone, "'cos it's got military lighting setup, and you'll not be able to plug the lights in unless you rewire it."

so I bought tailer board, with 7m of wire, the longest one i could get. twas about 2m short. Up the road to car park of services, crawl underneath and wire part of the wire, with plug, into the junction box under the trailer, having worked out which wire goes where. One day, I'll fit a 12S and then I can get all the extras like the convoy lights and the 12V outlet at the back of the trailer working again.

Reply to
Austin Shackles