MOT testers to the bridge, please

If I install ex-minibus M2 spec seats with integral belts in the back of the

110, making suitable floor mounts to seat-belt standard as required, will it need a seat belt installation check?

Putting genuine LR-style seats in costs way too much, and in any case, there aren't a full set of seat belt anchors anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Top of the head answer but wouldn't they be tested like early Range Rover seats? So belts and anchorages are tested (to the seat) and the security of the seat mounting is checked ...

Whether the seat mounting has to conform to any particular spec I wouldn't know ...

Reply to
AJG

On or around Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:25:46 +0100, AJG enlightened us thusly:

If you put seats and belts into a van to convert it, it has to have a seat belt installation check, 'cos it's not original. In this case, the seats and the belt mounts on the seats are legit, 'cos they're ex-minibus. However, what I'm trying to find out is whether it'll need inspecting due to the seat mount points. Obviously, I'll be reinforcing the floor :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles