Retrofit AC on 300tdi D1

In message , Nige writes

You used to be able to buy the genuine kit from LR

The whole dash needs to come out and you replace the whole heater assembly. Not too bad a job on a 300 Tdi.

The 200tdi kits used to come pre-gassed not sure if the 300 ones do.

I have a Aircon kit brand new in the box but it is LHD only.

Reply to
Marc Draper

How much do you reckon Marc?

Cheers

Reply to
Nige

They used to be lots of money. I will have to look it up when I am work tomorrow.

I don't even think the after market people bother making the kits anymore.

If someone wants a 300 tdi with aircon they will buy it like it, It is not financially viable to convert them anymore.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Second hand bits would be good though.

All i need is a parts list, then i could get them bit by bit from eBay.

Reply to
Nige

Marc Hi,

if the kit is for the 200Tdi Disco I may be interested for it.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

if they are the the same, I have just removed an AC Pump, pipes and front cooling rad from a V8 RR. Dunno if they are the same part no's, but no doubt some one will know.....

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

dont bin em Si!

Reply to
Nige

I have a 200TDI with the retrofit Kit Installed that I'm breaking if your interested -(you would have to take out but as the system is pre-gassed with self sealing connectors it should be not too difficult.

Lyndon C

Reply to
Lyndon C

Lyndon Hi,

If it is a Left Hand Drive vehicle then I may be interested.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos