Multimeters

Birthday coming up and "she who must be obeyed" wants to know what to buy me

Recommendations, please - including ability to detect revs

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Well, top of my wish list is a Fluke 88V/A, does everything you'd expect, including RPM, Temp, RPM via inductance, Conductance, etc.

The downside is it costs about £350......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

So what does the =A3350 Fluke do that my =A335 DRAPER 61023 doesnt?

Ah i didnt get a plastic carry case with mine ......

Reply to
Sean

German Shepherd mate, soon as a god botherer hoves into range he goes ape droppings , works well on double glazing types as well ;-) . I keep fancying one of the OBD devices but they are little use in Landies ( fleabay 300123218771 for example ) I do have an old one that reads dwell angle tacho and other good stuff but its buried away in the garage somewhere. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Although you don't have this particular company over there, this meter does most things and is somewhat cheaper than Fluke's.

I've noticed in some web searching that this same item seems to be rebadged under other names so it may be possible to find it closer to home.

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

Forget Shepherds for that. I've got two, & the worst they'd do is lick an undesirable to death.

Mind you, neighbour's rooster got a good seeing to last week - youngest shepherd got his tail feathers - we refer to him as Nicholas now :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Thats a rebadged DRAPER 61023 as per my recomendation above - =A340 on ebay inc postage, Fluke are better known for good quality lab based equipment, not the type of kit you'd want kicking around your garage (unless you have more money than sense)

Reply to
Sean

It's all in the training and breeding though - there are some dogs at work I'd not mess with, yet others we have rehomed with Ma and Pa on retirement, and sat on the same rug as the kids in front of the fire. I once made the mistake of play fighting with the kids in front of said frurry exocet... certainly focused my attention I'll tell you.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

makes the heart beat a bit quicker doesn't it? one of the GMP handlers excercises his dogs down the farm I shoot on we chat a bit as he has an ESS as well. His GSP is one of those you need to be aware of with a taste for blue trousers as well as scallies funny how some go that way. Derek

Reply to
Derek

I must confess neither of my GSD's like men in uniform for some reason I've never understood. Always good for a laugh though :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny